Saturday, November 24, 2018

This R Street bar sold CBD oil-infused cocktails. Then the cops came knocking.


R15 general manager Joel York just wanted to have fun.

York had seen Los Angeles restaurant Gracias Madre use hemp CBD oil in cocktails, a trend mirrored in several San Francisco bars. So he dreamt up “Kronic Aid,” a boozy strawberry lemonade made from an infusion of pineapple, vodka, hop flowers and the non-intoxicating marijuana extract with a taste similar to skunky olive oil.

Bartenders mixed the infusion with lemon juice, triple sec and simple sugar, and started selling the $10 drinks around Oct. 18. They were novel for Sacramento, selling relatively well and were supposed to be the subject of an article in The Bee.

After The Bee called the Sacramento Police Department for comment Wednesday, though, an officer who serves as a California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control liaison stopped by R15 and made the manager on duty pull the infusion off the shelf, SPD spokesman Officer Marcus Basquez said. No citations were issued.

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/food-drink/article220800555.html#storylink=cpy

5 comments:

  1. Good website! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes it is. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your RSS which may do the trick? Have a great day! cannabidiol pill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. cbd oil for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. If possible, such as gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with additional information? It is very useful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks. romaleaf.com

    ReplyDelete